Who is the Target Audience?
This book is for working business practitioners, mentors, leaders, and anyone interested in entrepreneurship and/or economic development. It is a serious work that will delve into a variety of topics, including the effects of the Covid-19 health pandemic on entrepreneurs and business leaders. This is neither a textbook nor an academic treatise; nonetheless, it is a serious work that could satisfy mathematical or statistical purists.
What is the Intent of the Book?
The intent of this book is to provide answers to a wide spectrum of questions relevant to entrepreneurs. When the author draws conclusions, they are based on the data presented. The reader can choose to disagree with the conclusions, as long as this conflict is based on relevant facts and not emotion or personal bias. The book presents a fact-based challenge to conventional thinking in order to stimulate effective entrepreneurial action. User-friendly tools and concepts are presented to facilitate a positive change of community entrepreneurship and ecosystem development.
How is the Book Structured?
This book contains seven major chapters in the form of questions:
- What is an entrepreneur?
- Are entrepreneurs important to the economy?
- How to become an entrepreneurs?
- How are entrepreneur ecosystems developed?
- What drives a successful ecosystem?
- Does quality of place affect an ecosystem?
- How do you evaluate an ecosystems?
Each chapter is subdivided into short articles in an easy-to-understand question and answer format. Each article includes:
- A question regarding a myth, observation, statement, fact, or assertion.
- A summary answer to the opening question with key bibliographic references for readers who want to dig deeper; and
- Clear charts or graphs illustrating the answer.
Finally, the book includes a chapter with the top blogs for years, 2018 through 2021. Another chapter covers the effects of Covid-19 on entrepreneurship, and lastly a chapter about the author’s opinions.
Are there Real-World Examples?
When appropriate, the author presents real-world examples and data. The example regions are Pensacola, FL, Escambia County, FL, and Northwest Florida (NWFL).